FAQ: Customer Tips
Q: How can you improve my service?
A: NTT Fiber makes every attempt to help our customers with problems that might arise regarding their service. Our customer sales and service representatives are eager to help you! Just call our business office and describe the problem. If the representative is unable to solve your problem they will find someone to assist you.
Q: What do I do if I receive obscene or harassing phone calls?
A: It is against the law to make obscene, threatening or anonymous phone calls. Telephone harassment is a crime. Penalties include imprisonment and/or fine.
1. When answering your calls, say hello twice. If there is no answer HANG UP!
2. Do not give out any information unless you know the person you are speaking to.
3. Instruct children not to give out information.
4. HANG UP if you hear obscene remarks.
5. Never say you are alone.
Q: What can I do about unwanted telephone solicitations?
A: Please see the following tips:
1. HANG UP!
2. Report companies using questionable sales practices to your Attorney General’s Office.
3. Go register online to the Texas “Do Not Call” List at https://www.texasnocall.com/ (www.TexasNoCall.com), call toll free 1-866-896-6225, or send a written request to: Texas No Call 100 Summer Street Suite 800, Boston, MA 02110
Q: How can you protect my privacy?
A: We make every effort to protect your telecommunications service from unlawful wiretapping or other illegal interceptions. Customer service records, credit information, and related confidential personal account information are fully protected.
Q: Isn’t wiretapping illegal?
A: It is a crime under federal and state laws for any person to wiretap or otherwise intercept a telephone call unless that person has first obtained a court order or the consent of one or both people participating in the call. The penalty for illegally wiretapping can be imprisonment and or a fine.
Q: How do I know when my conversation is being monitored?
A: A short “beep” tone heard on your telephone line every 15 seconds means that the person with whom you are talking s recording your conversation. If you do not want your conversation recorded advise the caller not to record. If you still continue to hear the “beep,” HANG UP.
Q: What are pay per call services and how can I block them?
A: Private companies offer a service in which you are charged by the call or the minute. It used to be exclusively 900/976 numbers , now it can be any kind of number. Voluntary blocking of access to 900 services is available by contacting the Company’s business office.
Q: How can I save money on my telephone bill?
1. Take advantage of holiday rates.
2. You have direct dialing long distance capabilities, so dial your own calls. Going through an operator costs money.
3. Call long distance when rates are lowest… in the evening and on weekends.
4. Plan your conversation. Jot down the things you want to talk about. You will save calling time-and you won’t forget something you wanted to say.
Q: What do I do if my long distance carrier was changed without my consent?
A: If you have been slammed, you can change your service immediately back to your original provider by calling your local telephone company. You should report the slam by writing or calling the Public Utility Commission of Texas, P.O. Box 13326, Austin, Texas 78711-3326, (512) 936-7120 or in Texas (toll-free) 1 (888) 782-8477, email: email@example.com. You can prevent slamming by requesting a preferred telephone company freeze from NTT Fiber.